Welcome to Douglas County Environmental Services
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARINGS
Public hearings will be held by the Douglas County Board of Commissioners on Tuesday, August 12, 2014
at 9:00 a.m. in the Legislative Chamber, Omaha-Douglas Civic Center, 1819 Farnam Street, Omaha, Nebraska for the
1. A final plat request application for Kent & Peggy Merryweather and Edward & Darlene Andersen: A final plat
request of Andersen Acres, a proposed residential subdivision consisting of Lots 1 through 4 and Outlot A,
in the SE1/4 NE1/4 and the NE1/4 SE1/4, Section 19-Township 15 North-Range 10 East of the Sixth P.M.
(general location: 102, 204 and 626 S. 264th Streets, Waterloo)
2. Adoption of the 2014 National Electrical Code
Douglas County will once again sponsor the Center For Watershed Protection's stormwater webcast series in 2014.
Next webcast will be September 10, 2014 more information coming soon.
The Department of Environmental Services is located at:
3015 Menke Circle
Omaha, NE 68134
Phone: 402-444-6181 Map
Public Information Policy
We provide services in the following areas:
- Landfills – include responsibility for both active and closed landfills in Douglas County.. more information
- Landscape Maintenance - This service along with snow removal is provided for a number of facilities.. more information
- Noxious and Nuisance Weeds - This is provided consistent with the Nebraska Noxious Weed Act and Douglas County Weed Abatement Law.. more information
- Permits and Inspections - This division issues building permits for various projects and performs all inspections to assure appropriate building codes and zoning regulations are in compliance.. more information
- Planning and Zoning - This division provides planning and zoning administration and assistance to the Douglas County planning and zoning jurisdiction.. more information
- Stormwater Permit Administration - is working in compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge
Elimination System (NPDES) Phase II Stormwater Permit.. more information